Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with wallpaper  (Read 2554 times)

Mohammad Sulthan

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem with wallpaper
    « on: September 03, 2014, 02:58:48 AM »
    Hi friends,I'm facing problem with the wallpaper,one group policy is set for wallpaper and when users logon to their machines shows same
    wallpaper to all users and the problem is that anything we copy on the desktop folder appears but the name of the folder doesn't appears. ::)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problem with wallpaper
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:22:11 AM »
    Yes, the same wallpaper can be placed on the desktop of each user.
    But each user still has the same desktop.
    Imagine the display has layers, Wallpaper is the background layer.
    Each user has his own view of the foreground. Folders and shortcuts are objects in the foreground layer.
    If two or more users wish to share objects in the same visual layer, they need to used the shared documents area.

In Windows 7, one my set a background image, color or pattern to appear as the background visual layer of a folder.

Windows 7 Folder Background Changer : Change Any Folder's Background & Text Color in Windows 7/Vista
    But before you  download anything:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMbmMVWtwQE
    It is there in windows 7 already. No need to download.
    It is not a new idea.
    http://www.askvg.com/how-to-set-your-desired-wallpaper-as-folder-background-image-in-windows/
    Do you remember the good old days of Windows 98? In Windows 98, we could change the background color, background image, fonts, etc in any desired folder but this facility was removed from Windows XP. It was a good feature and many people still miss that feature in Windows XP.
    So here we are posting 3 methods to set any desired wallpaper as background image of any folder in Windows XP

Pleas note I include links that ask you to download something. Please ignore the downloads. I put the links here for informational l value.
     :)
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:35:20 AM by Geek-9pm »

Mohammad Sulthan

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Problem with wallpaper
      « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 04:43:50 AM »
      thank you