Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP all-in-one after SP2  (Read 2355 times)

milor

HP all-in-one after SP2
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:16:48 PM »
My HP 6110 worked fine with XP until I installed SP@. Now printing normal text takes 20+ minutes per page. HP and MS say they have a firmware fix which I have tried several times without luck. I have uninstalled, reinstalled print drivers and tried to uninstal SP2 but I have been unsuccessful. The instructions for uninstalling SP2 have been followed but the files mentioned in the instructions are not on my computer.
Any clues?
Thanks in advance ???

GX1_Man

Re: HP all-in-one after SP2
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 08:18:36 PM »
You tried the firmware fix more than once? Did you get an error message the first time? Can you verify that the fix was applied?

milor

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 08:24:04 PM »
Yes tried several times. Dialogue box said firmware updated OK. Also asked HP's diagnostic to check to see if I needed any up grades and they responded by saying there were no upgrades required. I also spent an hour on the phone to a HP consultant but that ended in frustration and the advice I was given was that I should take the printer to a HP service centre. I live in the country and this was not practicable.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 08:36:12 PM »
Well I would make the drive to let them deal with it, if they offered to.

Can you reinstall Windows if you have to, after backing up your data?

milor

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 12:00:13 AM »
Yes I can re-instal windows but would rather not have to, you know how much time it takes.
However I appreciate your response to my query and maybe I'll take to HP but I fear they will charge as much as a new printer and a new printer will not use the same inks as this one!
:-/

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 04:36:25 AM »
Oh, I thought it was under warranty and this might be a free repair, if needed.

milor

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 04:38:56 AM »
No such luck.