Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting DVI cable to LCD Monitor  (Read 3070 times)

Paul Lightle

Connecting DVI cable to LCD Monitor
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:41:32 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to find some enlightenment, so I am hoping this community can help me out.  I have an ATI  Radeon 9000 series 128MB video card and a new 19" Norwood LCD monitor.  They both have a DVI-I connector and I have the cable as it came with the monitor.  With the standard VGA cable, I am getting a lot of trails and shadows with motion on my monitor and from reading various forums I am understanding that using the DVI interface may eliminate some or all of this motion blur.  That being said, I cannot get a signal on the monitor with just the DVI cable hooked up.  If I hook both the DVI cable and the VGA cable I get a signal, but it has the same characteristics, so I am assuming it is using the VGA.  Plus, it is acting like I have two monitors hooked up when both cables are plugged in.

Is there some trick that I am missing?  I would assume I could hook nothing but the DVI cable up and get a signal (this port has never been used by the way, so I don't think it is bad, but who knows).  I am hoping I don't have to buy a new video card, but I have a feeling that is the answer I am going to get.  If you have any solutions at all I would appreciate them.