Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help needed - Lenovo Ideacentre B305  (Read 3609 times)

Danashby1984

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Help needed - Lenovo Ideacentre B305
    « on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:21 AM »
    Hi

I have a lenovo ideacentre b305 which is giving problems at the moment

Every time I power the computer up it tells me that the CMOS battery is low and gives the usual F1 to enter bios or F2 to load defaults and continue. On hitting F2 everything loads as normal. I have changed the battery twice now and even with a brand new battery in it keeps giving the same Cmos battery low message

Every so often it decides to become arkward to start and will say DQS Training failed on previous boot and not load at all. This is usually cured by switching power off and leaving it 30 minutes but last episode took 3 days to sort out. Again replacing the cmos battery just in case

I am starting to suspect the bios chip may be faulty but any advice or other answers would be massively appreciated

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Help needed - Lenovo Ideacentre B305
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:46:20 AM »
    I'm assuming you've checked that the battery is making good contact and sitting snugly inside the holder?
    Other than that have you tried updating the BIOS, if an update is available, just to see if it makes any difference?

Danashby1984

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Help needed - Lenovo Ideacentre B305
      « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 05:31:13 AM »
      Battery seated fine and making good contact. Will try bios update though. Thanks