Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mother board won't post even after trying almost everything  (Read 3305 times)

edu616

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Greetings,

This is my first pc build and has gone bad. My computer does not make any beep and it does not post. Guided by tomshardware I tried a lot of things from there. Disconnected the battery, cleared the CMOS and then tried removing component by component and when I removed all ram sticks it starts doing a restart loop like every 5 seconds or so, but only when removing all ram sticks, if I put one ram stick it stays there all fans spining everything turns on but no beep or post. I haave change my mobo so this is the second one because I had the same problem with the first one. Also if anybody with the same motherboard can confirm this motherboard does beep?Please help.Here are my components:

Motherboard-Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5 Mini-ITX
    PSU-Silverstone SFX series 450W Fully Modular gold.
    GFXC-MSI GTX 970 gaming
    CPU-Intel Core i5 4690K
    CPU-Cooler- Zalman CNPS 8900
    RAM-2X8=16GB Kingstone Fury Hyper X

Another note is that I have only tried with hdmi cable, not sure if that info is of any value, since everything turns on, it might be that I don't have drivers for hdmi.
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:55:33 AM by edu616 »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Mother board won't post even after trying almost everything
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »
    Borrow another PSU and swap it in there....BTW you won't get a Post with no RAM inserted.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

edu616

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
      Borrow another PSU and swap it in there....BTW you won't get a Post with no RAM inserted.
      That's what I'll do today try with another PSU, I know it won't POST without ram I was just looking for motherboard beep codes to help me on my trouble shooting,  but if I remove all ram it will start rebooting every 5 secs or so. So maybe that's the way of this motherboard of telling me that I have no ram installed. I'm trying to see if somebody with this same motherboard can answer if it does beeps codes or not because is the second one I try and having the same problems doesn't make much sense.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »
      The motherboard needs a speaker on the front panel header to give beep codes.
      Unfortunately your motherboard doesn't have a speaker or connections for one.
      And as your board doesn't have a PCI slot, a POST diagnostic card isn't an option.
      It really is a tough one to diagnose. To answer your question no the board won't post beep.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

edu616

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
        The motherboard needs a speaker on the front panel header to give beep codes.
        Unfortunately your motherboard doesn't have a speaker or connections for one.
        And as your board doesn't have a PCI slot, a POST diagnostic card isn't an option.
        It really is a tough one to diagnose. To answer your question no the board won't post beep.

Thanks for clarifying that I was really wondering I have another PSU with me now so atleats I'll try that just to discard PSU failure.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »
        Hi

Yes you should use either DVI or VGA until you get everything set up. Normally HDMI doesn't output until the OS is loaded.
        You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
        ― John Bunyan

mebudeped

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 08:08:48 PM »

HuHH ? ?...what are you saying ?
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

geckoomlet

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »
            First of all, you have to try and shrink the problem as much as you can:

- Remove the GTX 970 you don't need it now as you have an integrated GPU in the I5.
            - Remove one stick of RAM. Better even get some usual 1600MHZ stick, maybe borrow from a friend. MAKE SURE YOU STICK IT ON THE RIGHT SLOT

Can you arrange for other RAM?
            Anyway, what happens now?