Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU FAN  (Read 2828 times)

theginge424

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    CPU FAN
    « on: November 02, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
    I recently bought a custom built PC on Ebay (Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111723225266?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) and while rendering some videos on Sony Vegas Pro I found that the system would automatically shut down. I researched this a little and found that it could be that the CPU is overheating. The CPU fan that came installed on it is AMD DK8-7G52C-A1-GP Socket FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/1207/940/939/754 Aluminum Heat Sink & 2.75" Fan, and the listing is here: http://www.amazon.com/DK8-7G52C-A1-GP-Socket-1207-Aluminum-Heat/dp/B00BFZSB3W. If you can see, it only shows that it says it goes up to 100 watts.. That doesn't really relate to RPM as I can tell. I did some tests while rendering a video and the fan maxed out at 3500 RPM.. The computer still shut down at this point at 76 degrees. I need some help researching CPU fans that can keep my SIX CORE CPU cool. Please help me! Thanks!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: CPU FAN
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »
    How are you finding the temps?
    It may be the power supply,   not the CPU that is getting too hot.

theginge424

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:26:39 PM »
      I was using speedfan to measure the temperatures. I've researched and found that most problems with shutting down during rendering was a problem with the CPU overheating. I haven't seen anything about the power supply. If it were a problem with the power supply how could I find out for sure and what could I do to improve it?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »
      At what temp did the CPU stop?
      I don't think 80 C would make it shut down. (I can not verify this.)

About the power supply
      You could reduce the load on the power supply. Unplug the floppy drive, the CD/DVD drive and anything that is not needed. And use a desk fan to increase the air flow in the power supply area.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      « Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »
      If the machine is new I'd be contacting the seller and let them sort it out, it's clearly not fit for purpose.