Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help in Excel  (Read 2719 times)

photogal5367

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Help in Excel
    « on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:56 AM »
    Hi all,

I am working on a spreadsheet that I need a formula to do a few things in. 

I have a date - 20101216 in column F4 and I need it to turn red if that date is 5 years or more less than today's date.  I need that date to turn yellow if that date is within 6 months greater than today. And I need it to stay white if the entry in G4 is stating "Initiated"

The current formula I have for the first part is: =AND(G4<>"Initiated",F4>TODAY()-1825)    BUT it's not working right :'(...can anyone help?

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Help in Excel
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:57:46 AM »
    Hi all,

I am working on a spreadsheet that I need a formula to do a few things in. 

I have a date - 20101216 in column F4 and I need it to turn red if that date is 5 years or more less than today's date.  I need that date to turn yellow if that date is within 6 months greater than today. And I need it to stay white if the entry in G4 is stating "Initiated"

The current formula I have for the first part is: =AND(G4<>"Initiated",F4>TODAY()-1825)    BUT it's not working right :'(...can anyone help?
    If you mean that you need to know if the date is 5 years or OLDER than today's date then your formula should be: =AND(G4<>"Initiated",F4<=(TODAY()-1825))

photogal5367

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 10:18:57 AM »
      Thank you, but what about the second part?  I had it working right yesterday and then I messed with it to try to incorporate the second function of if the date in F4 WILL BE 5 years old within 6 months from today's date, it turns yellow? 

I don't think I worded that correctly the first time.  It's basically a due date of every 5 years, if it's past that date then it's overdue unless the action has been initiated, and I wanted the yellow to act as a notification of what items to initiate action on 6 months in advance.

strollin

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »
      =AND(G4<>"Initiated",AND(F4<(TODAY()-1825)),F4<=(TODAY()-1645)) tests if the date is between 4.5 and 5 years older than today.