Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cdhrome Confsirms XP death with Unsupport.  (Read 3299 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Cdhrome Confsirms XP death with Unsupport.
« on: April 14, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »
EDIT:The announcement was made last year. But April 16, 2016 was given as the date for no more updates for Chrome on XP.

You can still use Google Chrome on Windows XP. Bat do not expect Google to update any issues related to Windows XP. In other words, if a problem is found only on Windows XP, do not hope Google with fix it.
Here is the announcement:
Today, we’re announcing the end of Chrome’s support for Windows XP, as well as Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8, since these platforms are no longer actively supported by Microsoft and Apple. Starting April 2016, Chrome will continue to function on these platforms but will no longer receive updates and security fixes.
https://chrome.googleblog.com/2015/11/updates-to-chrome-platform-support.html
Now, having said that, the current version of Chrome may still be the better choice for users of Windows XP.  Do you agree?   8)

(Yes, I use both Chrome and Firefox on XP. But I had to backtrack with  Firefox. Firefox could not find my printers when I went to print a page.) :(

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Cdhrome Confsirms XP death with Unsupport.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 10:51:07 PM »
While we're on the topic of this sort of recent event, The Compaq Deskpro, which is planned for release in the next year or so, combines IBM's CGA graphics with MDA graphics and a faster processor, giving the IBM PC XT a run for it's money. We can look forward to learn more about this unfolding market competition over time. Who knows what the rest of the 80's will bring.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Cdhrome Confsirms XP death with Unsupport.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:12:56 AM »
 ;D      8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "