Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my wif/ethernet/interneti isnt working even tho its plugged in  (Read 2545 times)

BeDahtPro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    my wif/ethernet/interneti isnt working even tho its plugged in
    « on: December 02, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »
    so i have a computer with a wifi cable connected to it, the internet has always worked until one day when i downloaded "xiatim android player", whn i troed to acces google chrome it opened a page called amosites, once i got rid of that ( in chrome settings ) my wifi stopped working, the cable is plugged in and it works for every device in the hole house and i cant acces network settings because it freezes, i made a one minute video here, http://youtu.be/7BOk8ETYVcc, i wrote this on ipad and everything is working fine on the ipad either way any answer would be appreciated :D
    also im on windows 10 but u couldnt choose that while signing up
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:54:03 PM by BeDahtPro »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: my wifi isnt working even tho its plugged in
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:26:38 PM »
    If there's a cable connected that's not WiFi, that's wired Ethernet.

What happens when you run the networking troubleshooter? Also, please run full scans with BOTH your installed AV and with MalwareBytes.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 04:37:30 PM »
    Also the "xiatim android player" is not found to be a windows program.

BeDahtPro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 04:53:32 PM »
      when i run network troubleshooter:
      https://youtu.be/jszBwq8eDJc
      When i try to launch HitmanPro it says no internet and for malware bites it says error and a bunch of numbers, also i have a virus called UCGuards but i have had it for like 3 months and i cant remove it but it hasnt caused any harm.

and yes the android player is called something else i just dont know the name specific because i deleted it but i can look it up and i have a apple router thing which is wireless and then to that routher thing the cable is connected so didnt know what to call it

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: my wif/ethernet/interneti isnt working even tho its plugged in
      « Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 06:08:41 AM »
      1) sorry, I'm not going to click on a link to see your problem. You can just tell us what happens.

2) the fact that you have a virus changes things. I'm going to lock this thread. Please post in our malware forum and request help there.