Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downloading a file with Internet Explorer  (Read 7196 times)

muthafawkkinjay

Downloading a file with Internet Explorer
« on: July 31, 2004, 10:02:32 AM »
Every time i go to this one particular website on my internet explorer, i try downloading a file, i click once on it and it starts automatically downloading the file to my TEMPORARY FOLDER. I want to change that but I dont kno how. I also tried clickin with the second button of the mouse and save target as but the second button is disabled on that website. Help me please. :'(

merlin_2

Re: Downloading a file with Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 03:16:46 PM »
what website is this ?why i want to try it and see if it does the same thing...

muthafawkkinjay

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 07:44:42 PM »
for this website you need to make your own username and screen name(which is free), than try downloadin any games, the website is http://members.lycos.co.uk/romdomain/rom.php?romnumhqllpp=1360%20-%20Pokemon%20FireRed.zip

and that is not the onnly website that does that almost every website that i want to download from does that.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 04:50:59 AM »
You can change the path if you wish to download a file by selecting the 'Save as' button.

By the way, I donot believe ROMs are legal.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 04:51:19 AM by Raptor »

muthafawkkinjay

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 11:07:41 AM »
they are legal if you play if u download them and than delete them in 24 hours.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 12:44:23 PM »
Why would they stop being legal after 24 hours?

muthafawkkinjay

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 07:07:46 PM »
I have no idea. thats what it sssays in the agreement, download the rom and delete it in 24 hours, and by the way the save target as dont really works 100%of the time. Does anybody know any other way???

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 03:34:59 AM »
I suggest you look on that website for a guide or FAQ as how to properly download ROM's. Perhaps contact the Webmaster.

The way I see it, you should be able to use Save As.

You could try looking for a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox:

Mozilla Firefox

j_t_r

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 04:52:55 PM »
Every time i go to this one particular website on my internet explorer, i try downloading a file, i click once on it and it starts automatically downloading the file to my TEMPORARY FOLDER. I want to change that but I dont kno how. I also tried clickin with the second button of the mouse and save target as but the second button is disabled on that website. Help me please. :'(

The only reason i could think it is because, maybe the computer recognised that you have already download that file before and what it does is when you try to down the same file is replace where the file it was before, where in this case it was saved in you temporary. if this is the case did you try to delete you temporary folder, history, cookies and your temp folder too? do that and try again and see the results if still the same let us know.

PS. Keep  it reall

muthafawkkinjay

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 10:51:49 PM »
Thank you everybody  ;D