Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I delete Palm software?  (Read 2429 times)

Catandra

How do I delete Palm software?
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:24:52 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question but...

I have a Palm Pilot Zire 31 that I downloaded some software into. Does anyone know how I can delete these files? I can't find the software anywhere when I bring up the Palm Desktop, all I see is the usual Memos, contacts, etc.

BTW, I have Windows XP if that matters.

Thanks to anyone who can provide any help. ;)

Roofvogel

Re: How do I delete Palm software?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:09:55 PM »
Try connecting the PDA directly to the PC without the hot-sync cradle, it may show up as a removeable device allowing you to delete the files you want removed.

If these are programs you installed, remove them using the PalmOne quick installer.

Catandra

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 10:46:11 PM »
Hmm...okay :-?

However, the only method I have of connecting the two is to use the hotsinc cable. Also, when I go into the installer mode, I don't see any of the items I had previously installed...

Roofvogel

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 06:33:14 AM »
Does the PDA not come with a USB or IrFA connection?

Catandra

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:41:55 AM »
The PDA connects to the pc via its hot sinc cable which plugs into the back of the computer via the USB port.

Roofvogel

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 06:59:40 AM »
Yes, but some PDA's have the ability to be connected through USB or Infa-Red without a Hotsync cradle.

If this is the case, you might be able to remove programs that you copied on there without the use of the Palm software installer.