Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help with resolution ASAP!!!!  (Read 1834 times)

erutanie__

need help with resolution ASAP!!!!
« on: January 07, 2006, 06:53:40 AM »
For the holidays I received some new software, but my computer ran 98 !st edition. That wouldn't do. So my dad and I reformatted it and loaded 98 2nd Edition on to it. Everything is fine now, except the resolution. Currently it's sitting at 640x480, but we have a large screen, so it's extremely big and the screen is hard to manage because of the colors. I tried to go into settings, control panel, and then display, but for some stupid reason, it won't let me change the resolution. HELP!!!!
any suggestions are much welcome and appreciated!
Tiff~

GX1_Man

Re: need help with resolution ASAP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 08:35:30 AM »
You have to load the appropriate video drivers, or you get the exact symptom you are describing. It is a simple fix. If you don't know the video card or the video chipset you can download Everest 9for free) to identify it. Once you know this we can point you to where you need to download drivers.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

What computer or motherboard make/model? And what video card? Let us know.

erutanie__

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:12:12 AM »
My dad emailed the company last night I guess, and asked them for the appropriate drivers. The problem is solved!
Thanks!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 09:14:27 AM »
No problem. Thanks for posting back.