Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New PC starts - but no display  (Read 2257 times)

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    New PC starts - but no display
    « on: May 20, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »
    Hello everyone. I just built myself a new computer, and it starts, but nothing shows up on my monitor. All the case fans start up, the cpu fan starts up, the gpu fans start up, lights are showing, but nothing shows up on the monitor.

I have tried replugging every cable, along with the GPU and RAM. Ive tried using one DVI cable and one HDMI cable from the gpu to the monitor. I have tried reseting the CMOS. i have tried starting with only 1 ram stick seated. Not sure where to go from here, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Heres the specs:
    i5-9600KF (no integrated graphics)
    RTX 2060
    Gigabyte Aorus z390i wifi
    Samsung evo 970 plus 500gb m.2 ssd
    Corsair SF600
    Corsair Vegeance lpx 2666mhz 2x8gb

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: New PC starts - but no display
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:03:28 AM »
    Hi

Please check on the motherboard serial number label, the bios revision it needs to version F5 or later to support your 9th generation CPU. Everything else looks compatible. 
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 03:51:30 AM »
      Hi

Please check on the motherboard serial number label, the bios revision it needs to version F5 or later to support your 9th generation CPU. Everything else looks compatible.

Hello, ive found the serial number, how do i find the bios revision using the serial number?
      Can i even update the bios at all, seeing as i cant even get into bios?

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:30:09 PM »
      Just a thought: maybe contact customer support or technical support of the motherboard's manufacturer about what bios is the latest one they have for your model. I'd think they would probably know what you need & where to get that for your motherboard to work!

(it's good that you have the serial number handy in case you do need it for whatever reason)

Good luck!

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 03:31:49 AM »
      I see Gigabyte don't have the bios version on the label as Asus do sorry for the confusion. Seems with Gigabyte you need to do what  2x3i5x suggested and contact customer support. If you purchased the CPU and motherboard from the same supplier I would contact them and ask if the motherboard has the correct Bios for the CPU. Explain it needs to be F5 or F6 if it isn't you will need a 7th or 8th generation CPU to check the version and do the upgrade if necessary. The upgrade needs you to run the bios update utility in the bios.

As explained here https://www.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/global/WebPage/20/images/utility_qflash.pdf
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan