Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: y no sound?  (Read 2830 times)

rifer47

y no sound?
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »
       hello, i just reinstalled my windows xp but i can no longer hear my sounds from my speakers. i checked the speaker connections and the sound setups, they all are fine. then i think the problems come from my sound card . but since it is hard to believe that my sound card broken just after my reinstall windows. so plz some one help me solve this problem without buy a new sound card.
       i read the help from this site and i did find out some"other device" with question marks in the device manager. it says PCI input device, is this the problem?

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    Re: y no sound?
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »
    i read the help from this site and i did find out some"other device" with question marks in the device manager. it says PCI input device, is this the problem?
    Why not? Be sure you have a right driver.
    Did you have that question mark before the reinstallation? Check sound card, cabel so they placed firmly. Open case and monkey inside with them.
    ps:check for sound icon not muted and sound properties too.
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

GX1_Man

Re: y no sound?
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
    You need to identify the sound card or chip, then download the appropriate drivers and install.

What computer or motherboard make/model or sound card do you have?