Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I think my PC is plagued with Win 10 problem update issues!!  (Read 3281 times)

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    I think my PC is plagued with Win 10 problem update issues!!
    « on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:33 PM »
    Hello,

I'm new to your forum.  For a few months now, I've been noticing that there are problems that have been creeping up about every couple of months.  Around January the sound system cuts in and out.  Sometimes there is sound, sometimes a little, sometimes nothing!  I tried the troubleshooter & it could not detect any problem.  These speakers are basically new.  They came with my last PC, never used them, & now they are being used for the first time.   Another issue is the Favorites!  Just within the past week, I've noticed that some of my Favorites have disappeared!  In a few cases, some of the folders got transferred to another folder!  I can't save some sites to Favorites any more.  Sometimes I need to save something to Favorites & it won't get saved at all!  I tried to "sort them alphabetically", but the option doesn't show up anymore.  I like to keep them in order; however, the option doesn't allow this any longer. I don't know what I can do to get things back to normal.  Boot up problems have occurred a few times, too!  I go to boot up, go to another room, return in 5 or 10 minutes later, & the Dell screen hasn't even come up, yet!  My computer is only 2 years old, usually, I have had no problems until I started noticing that it seems to happen about the time updates occur.  I really wish that I could prevent updates from being downloaded, but it looks like this can't happen.  Naturally, this is a "money thing" for Microsoft, so I'm stuck having to go along with this like the rest of you.  The computer repair people will probably make some extra pocket money due to these problems, I'm sure!  Before I take this PC in, I'd like to seek out any help I can get to see if I can get these taken care of myself.  If anyone has had similar problems & maybe can share them, I'd be interested in hearing from you.  If there are any websites out there that would be helpful, please send them my way.  I came to this Microsoft site in hopes that maybe they can direct me in the direction I need to go to get help since they are the ones who created Win 10 in the first place!  Thanks in advance for any help you send me.

Dell Inspiron 3650
    OS Microsoft Win 10
    Version  10.0.18362  Build 18362
    System Name  DESKTOP-BISOAHG
    Manufacturer-  Dell Inc.
    System Type- x64-based PC
    System SKU 06F7
    Processor  Intel (R)  Core (TM)  i3-6100  CPU @ 3.70GHz,  3696 Mhz,  2 Core (s),  4 Logical  Processor (s)
    BIOS Version/Date  Dell Inc. 3.11.1, 5/25/2020
    SMBIOS Version  2.8
    Embedded Controller Version   255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    Baseboard Manufacturer  Dell
    Baseboard Version A00
    Platform Role