Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Cat Laying Across Laptop for warmth - solved  (Read 4180 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Problem with Cat Laying Across Laptop for warmth - solved
« on: January 03, 2021, 02:18:08 PM »
So I kept having to remove my cat from my laptop as the cat learned that it gives off heat and assumed it was a heated bed when left idle. After removing her nicely from laying across the keyboard for the 3rd time in a day I decided to get a shoe box and place it to the side of the laptop that has the heat venting from the CPU/GPU heat sink and cut open a rectangle area with it not completely cut out but flap of it bent up to rest onto the top side of the laptop, and this way most of the heat was venting direct to the shoe box for her. She was a very happy cat as you can see in the picture, and it was lots of purring going on as she had the heat that she wanted and on top of that she absolutely loves to be inside boxes.

Figured I'd share this as a possible solution for those who like their cat being with them at the computer but they don't want their cat constantly smothering the laptop.  ;D

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problem with Cat Laying Across Laptop for warmth - solved
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 06:33:18 AM »
Neccessity is the Mother of Invention...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "