Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't launch Internet Explorer  (Read 3368 times)

blockfrom3062

Can't launch Internet Explorer
« on: February 04, 2006, 09:42:41 PM »
This is my first post.  I'm still a little unsure of how to receive replies here.

Up until recently I was using Internet Explorer 6.0.  I don't know whether I got a virus or what.  I still have and had running when this happened, a firewall (Zone Labs) and Norton anti-virus (up to date).  I installed Spybot and Webroot and now I cannot launch Internet Explorer.  When I try I get the Open with which program Windows XP box.  I can't even find Internet Explorer on my all programs (start menu) or anywhere.  I am using Netscape and Firefox browsers.  

Up until today I could not launch Norton anti-virus although it was running automatically on schedule each week.    I fixed that problem by stopping Spybot from blocking a program.  I have no idea why Spybot chose to block it, but it did.  I guess it found some spyware in the folder.

Also, I think I tried to download IE 6.0 two weeks ago, but couldn't - I don't remember the reason - maybe I was doing something wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm actually running pretty well with Foxfire, but there are some applications that require IE and can't be opened with Foxfire.

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
  • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
    Re: Can't launch Internet Explorer
    « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 05:29:54 AM »
    try deleting webroot or spybot. Also, when I installed Zone Alarm, my internet didn't work until I re-installed that program. Check to make sure that none of the programs are blocking the internet too.
    HP Pavilion A6010n
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
    XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
    2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
    Antec 500W PSU