Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Various Problems  (Read 2058 times)

robp

Various Problems
« on: March 21, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »
Hi,

I am running : Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, SP2.

I am having several problems though. My computer never wants to shut down, i go Start, Shut down and it closes Norton but doesent shut down. Some times i get ccapp error!

Ctrl+Alt+Del doesnt work propley, all i get is this:
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1176/ctrl7sp.th.jpg

USB also is tempremental, when i plug something in, it will sometimes work, others the PC just freezes.

Internet Explorer when i close it some times, i get this error, The instruction at "0x0175cd11" referenced memory at "0x0175cd11". The memory could not be "read" Press OK to terminate.

Any help welcome,
Cheers, Rob :)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Various Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »
Do a Google search on ccapp error.  The first site listed from that search says this has to do with Norton Anti-Virus.  

That image you provided a link to is too small to read.  It appears to be Windows Task Manager.  Is it?

You've basically raised three questions in the same message.  I'll leave the other two to someone else.

robp

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 02:37:29 PM »
Cheers for your reply.

I did search on google, and i understand it is linked to norton. But i also read some where it was a virus, or something along those lines, but when i do scan my PC, no viruses are found.

That image is of task manager, but its not working correctly, as it only shows 'Processes' not CPU usage etc...

Thanks Alot,
Rob

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 03:03:16 PM »
From: http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2005/20050929_ccapp_exe_error_during_shutdown.htm:

" The ccApp.exe problem [has been fixed] ... in the latest Common Client and Norton AntiSpam program updates. To install the update, start your Norton product, run LiveUpdate, download the updates (including any Common Client updates and the Norton AntiSpam program update if it is listed), and then restart the computer when you are asked to do so. " (Source: symantec.com)

RE: Spyware Warning

Please note: if you do *not* have any Norton [Symantec] products installed on your system, it is highly recommended that you run a Spyware scan because it is possible for any Trojan / Spyware / virus to have a file or process similarly named "ccApp.exe". I recommend using Spyware Doctor for your scan (recently awarded PCMagazine's Editor's Choice). You can download a copy here:

http://www.infopackets.com/articles/spyware+doctor.htm