Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help, dont know what is happening!  (Read 3677 times)

polyview

please help, dont know what is happening!
« on: May 09, 2006, 02:31:36 AM »
well, i spose this was gonna happen one day. i think i may have got some kind of "trojan" or somthing real bad when downloading some roms. i didnt have any kind of "virus protection" before this happend so all i can do is blame myself.

i realy cbf formatting my computer right now, so i got "kaperskys" virus protection (trial) just to see if it was a little virus i can get rid of quick, it picked somthing up but wasnt the problem.

anyway all kinds of crap came popping up then my desktop turned white. would it be easyer to just format??? or is there a program or somthing that may fix this problem?

(and 1 more thing, can you please recomend a good "free" virus protection to download, because i need one)

GET A VIRUS PROTECTION! DONT PUT IT OF BECAUSE U CBF DOWNLOADING ONE LIKE ME! LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U DOWNLOAD CRAP WITH NO PROTECTION! U PAY THE PRICE!

thank you for reading and hope to hear from somone soon :)

GX1_Man

Re: please help, dont know what is happening!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 04:20:51 AM »
Your system may be so compromised that a format and reinstall of Windows is required. Here is the  full drill to try and fix it without doing so:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1134123580

You may want to post some info about your machine, version of Windows, do you have a real Windows CD or a restore CD, etc.

polyview

Re: please help, dont know what is happening!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 01:33:35 AM »
yes sorry for not saying what my type of comp is, that may of helped a bit more. im using a "real" windows xp home edition and the usuall comp stats. anyway i fixed the problem, i just went to system restore and fixed it. i may have deleted some kind of windows folder or renamed it by accident or somthing.

all good! :)