Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc doesnt want to play!!  (Read 2444 times)

oneton

pc doesnt want to play!!
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:01:28 AM »
my freinds pc  froze on him so he turned it off by the mains since then when turned back on it does nothing. it powers up o.k. but the screen is blank cant seem to get on to the bios screen or anything. although there may be a lot of reasons why its busted......  suggestions would be appreciated

GX1_Man

Re: pc doesnt want to play!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:16:58 AM »
How does it  "power up OK" yet not work? Please be more specific.

oneton

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »
the power light comes on but there is a blank screen

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »
     oneton..... Hummmm , some information as to the make and model of your friends computer would help .  The operating system its using , how old is it , has your friend been mssing around inside the case , when the start button is pushed is the any hard drive activity or is there any activity from the optical drives .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

oneton

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:16:14 AM »
    o.k. folks, sorry for the lack of info, got back to m8 ..the make is ..tiny but has a new case..he dosnt know tne model but it has a pentium3 cpu. it was running windows 2000. although it has a new case he wasnt messin with its insides before it went off....he's gonna check 4 hdd activity & the optical drive does have lights.... the screen has a flashing cursor at the top but wont do anything..he's tried to get the bios screen to no avail.... thanks for getting back to me

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
    I would say it does NOT "power up OK".  ;)

oneton

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19:29 AM »
    o.k. sorry about the power up thing... there's power going in and it lights up what i ment was its not totaly dead