Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: file isapnp.sys is corrupted  (Read 4104 times)

oc06ac

file isapnp.sys is corrupted
« on: May 15, 2006, 02:42:33 AM »
hello , I am using Windows XP  Can u help me  how to recover or re install a copy of this file.
     The Message " File isapnp.sys is corrupted " appeard on my screen.

GX1_Man

Re: file isapnp.sys is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 04:26:52 AM »
Error Message: "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \Windows\System32\Drivers\Isapnp.sys"

Translation: This is another one of those messages that points directly to the culprit. ISAPNP.SYS is a device driver WinXP needs to function properly. The message is telling you this file is either missing or damaged.

Most WinXP files with a *.SYS extension are Windows device drivers that reside in the C:\windows\System32\dRIVERS folder. This folder is one of the most important in your entire hard drive. If any of these files go AWOL or are damaged, WinXP will report serious errors and you won't be able to get your system started until you restore a functional device driver.

Solution: Start the Recovery Console (we've already discussed how to start the WinXP Recovery Console). If the ISAPNP.SYS file is still in your C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS folder, the driver is corrupt. Rename the existing file and copy a new version from your WinXP installation CD. If the file is missing, then all you need to do is copy the file from your WinXP CD to the C:\Windows\System32\dRIVERS folder by typing the expand command: expand [CD drive letter]:\i386\isapnp.sy_ C:\win dows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys.

oc06ac

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 06:08:11 AM »
Thanks for the reply, more power..

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 05:30:53 PM »
Glad you are fixed up!  ;)