Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pls Help  (Read 2297 times)

salo

Pls Help
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:07:21 PM »
My PC is a althon xp 1600, having 2 hard disk, 1 dvd rom and 1 dvd writer, using a geforce 2 card and a yamaha sound card. Everytime i on my PC it will shut down by itself at all different time and after it shut down the buzzer will sound non stop i have to off the main power supplyb4 the sound can go off. No new hardware added or software installed. I have test the ram the power supply and it's also not the heat problem any idea what causes all this. :'(

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Pls Help
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »
     salo......  When did this start ?
    Do you have a updated anti virus app installed ?
    When is the last time you ran it ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

salo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:35:31 AM »
    Abt 2 months ago when i'm not at home. I use mcafee to scan no virus was found and i cant even format my com when i go into windows start up when it seach for the pervious version of windows it auto shut down and the buzzer started to sound again.

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      « Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 12:01:27 AM »
      Difficult question. But, at a first guess, power source units die anytime. Are you sure your computer power source it's ok?

It can be almost anything... RAM, Operating system (Windows I suppose) going wild and need reinstall, processor over heating, video card over heating, motherboard with failures... 1 million possible reasons.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:03:18 AM by viking »

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:10:26 AM »
      My PC is a althon xp 1600, having 2 hard disk, 1 dvd rom and 1 dvd writer, using a geforce 2 card and a yamaha sound card. Everytime i on my PC it will shut down by itself at all different time and after it shut down the buzzer will sound non stop i have to off the main power supplyb4 the sound can go off. No new hardware added or software installed. I have test the ram the power supply and it's also not the heat problem any idea what causes all this. :'(
      How did you test the ram, the power supply?  How do you know it's not a heat problem?