Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connection  (Read 2079 times)

almn

connection
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:40:33 PM »
Hello,

I would like to know how to repair\renew\release a connection on an windows xp pro machine and a limited account. This connection is wired.

Thank You

Almn

pcdoc4christ

Re: connection
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 06:27:33 PM »
Almn:

1. Open My Network Places.
2. In the My Network Places window, select the View Network Connections link on the left.
3. In the Network Connections window, right-click the connection you want to repair and select Repair in the shortcut menu.

Let me know how it turns out.

Doc

almn

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 06:07:45 AM »
Yes that would work if it was with an administrator account but I did mentioon that it was with a limit account.

Thank You

Almn

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 09:25:59 AM »
A limited account cannot be used to do somethingit does not have sufficient privileges to do.  The options are either to raise the privleges of the account or resort to cracking the permissions system.  Can you do the former?  We cannot help you with the latter.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:41:02 AM »
Yes that would work if it was with an administrator account but I did mentioon that it was with a limit account.

Thank You

Almn

UR correct.  If the computer is running Windows XP Professional, have the person with the Administrator's account change your account from a Limited (or User) account to a Power User account.  You will then be able to repair the connection, but you will still not have the ability to change any settings for the Administrator's account, or to prevent the Administrator from changing your settings.  That way, you both win.  :)

If, however, it is Windows XP Home Edition, this option is not available.

Let us know if you need info to give to your Administrator on changing your account type.

Doc