Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP = Graphics problems!  (Read 5274 times)

_Ace_

HELP = Graphics problems!
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »
Well untill recently my computer was fine but i decided to play a game and during the introduction where you see like the developers short movie like  "Nvidia" and such.

Well i realised the graphics w'ere seriously screwed up, instead of it being normal like this:  (it was a code masters game)
http://www.konsolifin.net/ylli/upload/uutiset/ps2/1112617884_codemasters.jpg

it was more like this:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8868/codemasters02ux7.jpg

^ that was done in paint but it was very similar to how the graphics looked,
I reinstalled the ATI Radeon 9600XT driver, and i ran a video and it worked back to normal (before it would be all red and orange and yellow instead of the proper colours) but the screen went black and then ti came back, still normal but if i closed it and re-opened it, it would become all red/orangey/yellowy (like the codemaster logo)

Im pretty sure its a graphical error, but weird thing is, when i restart comp, for about 10seconds if i watch a movie its normal, then after that if i close that movie and re-open it or open another one it goes back its usualy screwed-up state.

Please Help Thanks,
btw
I have 512mb ram
3.0 ghz CPU
9600XT ATI Radeon.

Thanks,
Ace.

EDIT: Also when the computer boots up, right after windows load, once i can access the desktop the screen goes black, then goes back to normal ( I ASSUME THAT IS WHEN IT CHANGES FROM NORMAL VIDEO = SCREWED UP GRAPHICS )
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:55:09 AM by _Ace_ »

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: HELP = Graphics problems!
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:54:25 AM »
    Do you have the latest video drivers installed? Is your video card over heating? Look in the ATI tools thingy and look for a temperature reading. Mine is in the "overdrive" section.

_Ace_

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:56:39 AM »
    Yes i have the latest drivers installed.
    And i doubt it's overheating because I can restart comp, for a split few seconds before the screen goes black its perfectly fine! so if i run a video, before the black screen, even after the black screen its fine, which means it cant have been overheated or everything after the "black screen of death" lol, would be screwed up.

EDIT: believe it or not in this picture its actually meant to be a room full of people sitting at a desk :P
    http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2374/examplexh1.jpg
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:59:43 AM by _Ace_ »

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
      So you are saying, when you hit the restart button, the screen goes back to normal before restarting? And please check the temperature anyway. Load the gauge up in the background, play a game, alt tab and look.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 09:11:39 AM »
      Can you test that card in another machine? Has it been overclocked?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 09:53:41 AM »
      Yes i have the latest drivers installed.
      And i doubt it's overheating because I can restart comp, for a split few seconds before the screen goes black its perfectly fine! so if i run a video, before the black screen, even after the black screen its fine, which means it cant have been overheated or everything after the "black screen of death" lol, would be screwed up.

EDIT: believe it or not in this picture its actually meant to be a room full of people sitting at a desk :P
      http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2374/examplexh1.jpg
      Hmmm, I looked at your image and was surprised, after reading your comments, to see that, except for the video or photo that's in the center of the Windows Media Player window, the rest of your display looks normal.

Do you have any photos on your computer?  Do they display normal?

How about running dxdiag and see what happens when you run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests for your Display?
      « Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:55:23 AM by soybean »

_Ace_

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
      Photo's display normally.
      And even weirder, SOME video's display normal, some are just purely screwed up.
       :-?

DxDiag tests on DISPLAY

No problems found.
      DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
      Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful.
      Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful.