Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Taskbar balloon tips revisited  (Read 4693 times)

rlprlp

Re: Taskbar balloon tips revisited
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 06:04:31 AM »
Make a screen shot.  Update your drivers.  You're just making me learn how to do all kinds of stuff, aren't you? Seriously, Soybean's suggestion may or may not have worked.  Balloon tips are still visible, but if they start "hiding" again, I will try that.  Thank you, Fed.  P.S.:  Updating drivers is just one of I have no idea how many computer tasks that I have been meaning to explore.  This might end up being my "big chance"!  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 06:05:33 AM by rlprlp »

rlprlp

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 06:14:19 AM »
I'm still good, but since all you guys are always so nice about answering my questions...:

Is this my video driver?

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family [Display adapter]

Thank you.  

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 10:43:02 AM »
Well, that's A video driver listing. If that shows up in Control Panel/System then it's yours.

rlprlp

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 12:28:45 PM »
Ah...  Always learning something new.  I didn't know that I could find it there.  I actually found that with Everest.  And of course you already know, Everest even provides a link to download a new driver.  The reason that I requested clarification was the terminology.  Everest actually refers to it as an "adapter", not a "driver".  In fact, looking again, I see that Everest does list the driver as ialmrnt5 (6.14.10.4332). Just wanted to feel a little more comfortable by being sure that I was understanding the data correctly.  Thank you, GX1_Man.  

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »
    How's that screen shot coming along?

rlprlp

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
    Seriously, Soybean's suggestion may or may not have worked.  Balloon tips are still visible  

I haven't forgotten, Fed.  There's just nothing to show you at this time.  It really may be fixed.  Or, it may start up at any time. If it does, a shot will be taken.  Thanks, Fed!