Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB doesn't work  (Read 2173 times)

MacPC

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    USB doesn't work
    « on: August 24, 2006, 10:14:48 PM »
    Hi,

My friend gave me a mobo. I am no sure who made it because there isn't any makers on the board, but he told me it's from a eMachine T1840 desktop. I am pretty sure it's not made by Intel. For some reasons, the 6 USB (4 in the back panel and 2 in the front panel) none of them work. According to my friend they were working before, there is not thing wrong with the board. After I put a PC together with this board, everything, except the USB works just fine. I checked the BIOS, USB  Legacy Emulator is set to disable and I went to the device manager, it didn't complain, everything seems to be normal. What am I missing here? BTW, I use Win2K Pro.

MacPC

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: USB doesn't work
      « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »
      Download, unzip & install Everest to find out exactly what components are in it.
      Select a quick report in plain text & post it up for all to see.
      http://www.comcen.com.au/~fed/everest.zip

MacPC

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        Re: USB doesn't work
        « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:56:32 PM »
        Oh, I wasn't being too precise. Here's more details, when I plug in a USB card reader, the green led on the reader lit up, so it is getting power from the USB port and when I plug my camera in, the camera says initiating connectin and will not go any further.

MacPC