Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card Problem  (Read 2974 times)

Blueivy

Video Card Problem
« on: September 12, 2004, 02:42:15 AM »
 Hello ,
Can anyone help me this video card problem? Friday my video card died. It was a Nvidia TNT2 M64 with 32MB. So I thought it was time to upgrade anyway and bought an Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X and 128MB. From what i read toontown also supports this video card. After I installed this card, everything started working. I was able to go to websites, and play all of my games. At this time, TT is the only MMORPG I am playing, but all other games are working.

However, TT is not working. At first it seemed ok, I opened browser clicked play, it took my username and password. The screen went black and it looked like it would start, but the browser crashed. Basically the black screen instead of being full screen was in a window'd mode. Then the browser window went white (lost the buttons) and froze. I tried several times with no effect. I went to Nvidia web site and downloaded the newest driver for this card and installed it. No help.

I wrote to Disney for any suggestions and they said try downloading your directx again. I did that, and still the game would not start. Then I though to myself, maybe the game was installed with the old card, and I just need to reinstall with new card. I removed the game (no problems), re-booted and then tried to install the game again.

Well now it wont even download the game. Once I click play it takes me to the next screen (toontown system check tool), but instead of saying "one moment please" it says "one " and the browser freezes. Thats as far as it will go.

So now, I have the latest of the Nvidia drivers, re-installed directx. Well I hope someone give me some advices. Thanks!

Raptor

Re: Video Card Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 04:04:22 AM »
Go to Extra - Internet Options - General tab - Remove history,  cookies and file cache.

Once you have done so, uninstall your 'Toontown" game and clean your registry and redundant files by using a program such as Advanced System Optimizer V2

You can also choose to remove your videocard drivers before running this program in order to make certain that older files are not causing problems.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 04:07:06 AM by Raptor »