Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: downloading + videos  (Read 4416 times)

bman49

downloading + videos
« on: September 02, 2006, 05:35:26 PM »
ok I just built my comp and man its sweet and every day I watched videos from break.com and youtube.com but one day all of the sudden it was playin and about ten seconds into it stopped so I went to download flash b/c i was using windows media but when i clicked to install it it  said crap about cache file and every other DL I do it says the file is curropted
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 05:37:14 PM by bman49 »

GX1_Man

Re: downloading + videos
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 07:23:12 PM »
Good advice requires more information than this. See below.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 02:38:17 AM »
Hello bman49,Welcome to computerhope.

Some of the skits you view require Quicktime for Windows.

What version of Windows Media Player are you using?

Best I can offer, as GX1-Man points out you provided limited info.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

bman49

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 03:25:35 AM »
no I cant give any more info b/c I dont know what else to say :-? :-? and street1 I dont know what kind of windows it is I just know that it came with my comp and I messed up on my original post I did DL the latest version of flash then after that it stopped working, but I talked to my friend who knows alot about comps and he asked what my hard drive was and I told him a western digital some other stuff and then it said SATA at the end he told me that windows isn't reconizing the SATA b/c the older hard drives used something else and he also told me that he had the same problem and he just renstalled his HD but he told me not to try it b/c he knew I didn't know enough about computers and if I try it I will just mess it up so tomorrow I'm going to asking my another friend to come over and help

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »
Hmmm, you know little about computers, yet you "built your comp".  What a contradiction!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 07:24:56 PM by soybean »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 09:52:34 PM »
And you don't know your version of Windows?

Good idea to have a knowledgable friend come over and give you a lesson.  ;)

bman49

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 06:10:31 PM »
No I ordered my parts my friend accualy built it sry I forgot to mention it and I know what windows Im using. Im using windows xp student {My friend was in collage and instead of buying one for $300 I gave him money to go to his collage and pick one up for 50 dollars} and also when I said I didnt know what knid of windows I had I meant what knid of windows media like what version
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:13:10 PM by bman49 »