Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my old game computer finally took a dump...  (Read 3249 times)

tvarmy04

my old game computer finally took a dump...
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »
ok first my whole computer kept crashing when i would try to play star wars empire at war. so i swapped video cards to my older 128bit nvidia card. and now when i try to load windows it gets stuck on the bios screen saying "verifying dmi pool" and yea it just gets locked up rite there.

i have a gigabyte ga-8ipe1000 mobo
-p4 3.0 processor
-120gb hdd
-1gb ram
-nvidia geforce fx5200

all i wanna do is restore it to basic configureation cuz ima give it to my cousin. i already tried to reformat the hdd and reinstall windows but it got locked up with a message saying 'error could not find hdd' or something like that. but like i said now i keep getting the 'verifying dmi pool' message at teh startup and i cant get past it

GX1_Man

Re: my old game computer finally took a dump...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »
It sounds like the video card was not the problem,so there is a whole new issue. Until you get this resolved, please put the original card back in the problem machine.

By the way, did you uninstall the previous video card drivers before you made the swap?

So, with the problem machine and it's original video card what happens exactly - any error messages,etc. When did this start? Details are important.

Do you have a real Windows CD to reinstall if necessary?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:38:27 PM »
Have you read the below site? :-?

Computerhope has a lot of helpful references.

http://www.xmission.com/~comphope/issues/ch000474.htm
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 04:40:37 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

tvarmy04

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 06:57:45 PM »
ill insert the old ati video card back in there, but nah i didnt uninstall the driver for it cuz i could never get the computer to load windows. so i kinda f'k up there. ill check rite now about wat error message i get and report back. but this problem has been goin on for like a few weeks now but b4 it was just the computer kept locking up everytime i tried to play star wars:empire at war. then i got an error saying that windows was suddently rebooted blah blah choose between, safemode, last good configuration, star windowns normally. so i tried each one of them and it just kept rebooting the computer. yeai should ihave my OG windows cd somewhere. ill get that. and ill check out that site too that the guy posted

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 08:37:08 AM »
    Is it just with that one game you have this problem? I really hope so because if not, your cousin might not appreciate your gift ::)