Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem  (Read 2348 times)

rko

problem
« on: October 12, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »
i iinstall a program called window washer after washing the windows then i restart the pc and it shows up ntdlr is missing . im thinking about reinstalling windows without formatting the drive since i have important  stuff there. what should i do at this point? try repair option but the administrative password doesnt go through.

Maksim

Hopeful
    Re: problem
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:23:53 PM »
    Sup RKO.. I would suggest repairing the problem, when you insert your CD into the CD tray and restarting the compyuter and getting into the Windows Setup and when the screen appears selct repair and it will search the hard drive for missing .DLL files and copy them automatically to the hard drive.. Try It...

Spectre787

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »
    RKO actually it's pretty simple to repair Windows. Boot from the cd and enter as if making a new installation. The computer will scan for previous versions of Windows, and if found should give you the option to repair.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:14:31 PM »
    Did you leave a floppy disk in the drive?

rko

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:20:48 PM »
    is a laptop that doesnt have a floppy drive. i went to the repair option , when it prompt to enter the password and i enter then it doesnt go through. what should i at this point?

Spectre787

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »
    RKO read carefully. Boot from ur OS CD. When prompted go into regular setup. After license agreement it will scan for previous versions of Windows and if found, will ask you if you would like to repair to press R. It will look like a normal instal but it doesn't format so you won't lose your data.

rko

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 02:14:02 PM »
    but it will ask me for my adminstrative password, from there i enter and it is denied. i dont know why.

rko

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »
    any other helop please, im desparate need to get my laptop fixxxxxxxxx please help..

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 02:35:38 PM »
    Don't use the repair console, reinstall Windows instead and it will ask you to replace Windows installation files without formatting.

rko

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 02:38:02 PM »
    are you sure?

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 03:02:05 PM »
    No, but I am sure that the repair console is not what you need.  :P

Look Here(Click) for a more detailed guide.

Thanks to Patio.  :)

sneakers

Beginner
      « Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 12:07:02 AM »
      Hey Raptor thanks for that link.

This will help me fix the problem I will deal with today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Case: Logisys Clear Acrylic - CPU: AMD Athlon FX-62 With HyperTransport Technology - RAM: 2GB  - Power Supply: 650 Watt SLI ready - Motherboard: Asus SLI Deluxe  - Graphics Cards: Geforce 7900 GT  - HDD: 2 - 36 GB Raptors     160