Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Messenger query  (Read 5031 times)

katz

Windows Messenger query
« on: September 18, 2004, 02:19:18 PM »
Hello,

When I right click on Windows Messenger on my task bar and select 'My E-mail Inbox' it takes me too the email client Microsoft Outlook Inbox.  I wish to alter this and have it take me to my Hotmail Inbox.  Are you able to tell me how to do this please?

Thank you in Advance

merlin_2

Re: Windows Messenger query
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 02:33:38 PM »

katz

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 11:04:30 PM »
Merlin,

I have searched and searched on that web site you gave me to find out how to change the email client from Microsoft outlook to my Hotmail inbox when I right click on Windows Messenger.  I found exactly nothing to explain that to me.  
Until I downloaded SP2, when I right clicked on Windows Messenger it would take me to my Hotmail Inbox, since the download it takes me to Microsoft Outlook of which I have no account and don't want an account.  I need to learn how to change Windows Messenger to log into my Hotmail Inbox again and have search like everywhere for the information to no avail.

Please can someone help me here?

Thank you in Advance

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 03:58:55 AM »
You should use Microsoft Messenger, not Windows Messenger. Windows Messenger is much more of a security threat due to pop-ups it may generate.

Use this tool to disable it and install Microsoft Messenger.

Shoot The Messenger

katz

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 04:21:55 PM »
Thank you for the replies,

As it happens it was simply a matter of changing my default email address in IE to Hotmail, was all.