Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Noise no longer my main concern  (Read 2999 times)

help4ria6

Noise no longer my main concern
« on: October 20, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »
my computer started making some strange noises that I never heard it make before, one night I step away from my computer for a moment and my 2 year old got up to it and pushed the key board down and it landed on the modem that night I left the computer running it sits inside my computer cabinet and that morning it sound like a 45 record stuck in one spot. So I start to troubleshoot and ask questions online as to what might be wrong with it and some sites suggested cleaning the inside out that it might be full of dust so I did that using the cool setting on my blow dryer and I will have to say it sounds a lot better after it has ran a couple of hours, my question is what does this mean is my computer dying? also my CD-ROM drive is not responding and evertime I click on my CD Drive or Local Disk nothing happens and all my Icon's disapper and I can't do a thing, I end up having to shut my computer down by turning off the power manually what does this mean? does any body know :-?
I want to thank everyone who took time to read my information, my computer is a Emachines T1115 intel celeron processor 966 MHz, 128 MB and my operating system is Microsoft Windows XP if you need more info please let me Know. Oh one more thing I don't know if this will help but I'll try anything once, I've had my computer  since about 2002 and I was told by one of the emachines operators in a live chat that  some of my files were corrupted, and also what brand of compressed air would I be looking for whats the best kind. :o
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 08:44:36 AM by help4ria6 »

GX1_Man

Re: noise coming from my pc.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 08:18:57 PM »
It would certainly help if you could post some details about your system.

A can of compressed air is a lot better and safer than a blowdryer.  :o :o :o

You may have hardware and software problems. Does any of this help?

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149948530

So we will wait for details. See below.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: noise coming from my pc.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 08:36:23 AM »
Is your computer sitting inside cabinet with a door that you keep closed?  That's a bad place for computer; the lack of air circulation makes computer components hotter than where the computer is not sitting inside a desk cubicle.   And then, you leave it run all night inside that heat chamber, right?  

I suggest you download SpeedFan, install it, and see what temp info it gives you.  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 08:55:48 AM by soybean »

help4ria6

Re: Noise no longer my main concern
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »
First of all it you don't like my grammar then take me to school other wise keep your negative comments to yourself, other then my improper use of grammar you got the point right, yes I left my computer running all night but I left the doors open and someone in my house came along in the middle of the night and closed it. My computer cabinet or armoire has a opening in the back for all my cords so there is some ventilation, thank you for your input next time drop the criticism. >:(

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 10:14:26 AM »
First of all it you don't like my grammar then take me to school other wise keep your negative comments to yourself, other then my improper use of grammar you got the point right, yes I left my computer running all night but I left the doors open and someone in my house came along in the middle of the night and closed it. My computer cabinet or armoire has a opening in the back for all my cords so there is some ventilation, thank you for your input next time drop the criticism. >:(

I don't see any criticism here?

help4ria6

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »
Sorry people the criticism came in my email from someone on this site which I am not going to mention because they were kind enough to erase it, anyway I installed the speedfan software but I'm not sure how to operate it, pointers someone please, I am no computer wiz thats for sure. I minimize it and I can see its at 45 degrees, am I reading this right is this normal?
Thanks again people.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:55:40 AM by help4ria6 »

Fed

• Sage
    « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
    Someone sent you an email about your grammer? I'd love to know who. ROTFLMAO!

So the noises have now gone and are of no concern to you?

Can you run these online scans just to sure your computer is clean?

Online Virus Scan and Spyware Scan
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

Online Malware Scan
    http://www.ewido.net/en/

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
    Who e-mailed you ? ?

Reason i ask is we don't operate that way here...

patio.  8-)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 06:29:58 PM »
    And your e-mail address isn't even listed.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 06:47:03 PM »
    And your e-mail address isn't even listed.

Imagine that...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
      Reason i ask is we don't operate that way here...
      Yeah, we just tell them in the open forum for all to see. LOL

help4ria6

Re: No longer a problem
      « Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
      To Fed, Patio and GX1_Man thanks for your concern all your advise has help me solve my computer issue, to me it doesn't matter who it was that criticized me about my computer grammer, I understand that person was just being him, but anyway my computer doesn't sound like a old 45 stuck in one spot it sounds normal, and my local disk drive and cd-rom is ok also thanks to this site, you guys, and gals ;D help me more than any help support techs ever! this one tech told me my stuff was bad and tried to get me to purchase a new one, I'm not ready to let go of my baby just yet.
      Thanks again, I'm still waiting on that info on the speedfan. I wanted to know if 45 degrees a normal temp for my computer. Is there a online manual? Thanks again.
      « Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 02:09:48 PM by help4ria6 »

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 02:34:01 PM »
      45 degrees is not bad.  And, here's a reference which should give you some comfort: http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?content=maxtemp.shtml