Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: itunes "dominating" the desktop.  (Read 2148 times)

xonnected

itunes "dominating" the desktop.
« on: October 22, 2006, 08:38:17 AM »
other than the issue that itunes uses more ram than anything else on my system, i have two issues with the programs lust for dominating your desktop.

1. Whenever i'm uploading files to my iPod, I generally minimize the itunes window so I can do other things. How do you stop it from returning automatically every 2 minutes? I've tried the taskbar icon option and that doesn't cure it.

2. Whenever a dialog box comes up and tells you what the program is doing/gives you the option to cancel it, it goes through 30 second cycles where itunes will automatically move "On top" of other applications (therefore if you were typing something on a website/msn etc at the same time and hit the "enter" key, then the operation on itunes gets cancelled, and you have to start again). Again, how do you prevent this?

xonnected

Re: itunes "dominating" the desktop.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »
nobody?

(i guess there isn't an answer; this software is so useless.)

I also found an easy way to delete all my music from my ipod; just connect it to my PC and start itunes; it automatically starts deleting them files. :|

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 01:38:27 PM »
(i guess there isn't an answer; this software is so useless.)

I didn't want to say it.  :P

xonnected

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
haha. :P Well as soon as ml_ipod supports video, photos and podcasts, then i'm off back to the smart side of the road.