Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon S530D color problems  (Read 2416 times)

Co_mom_3

Canon S530D color problems
« on: November 07, 2006, 04:09:52 PM »
For some reason my canon printer will not print color text from a Word document.  All maint has been done and print tests seam OK, it is not set for grayscale yet only prints that way.  Color photo printing comes out the most peculiar colors also. I have downloaded the latest driver.  Anybody have any sugestions before I throw this thing out!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Canon S530D color problems
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »
How old are the ink cartridges ? ?
Or if the printer has not been used frequently they will appear full but be dried up...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Co_mom_3

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »
They are refilled recently with generic ink product.  Not dried up or they would not produce the correct result on the maintenance runs that show all cartridges as running,  at least they are all printing the separate 4 colors.  I just had a thought maybe it is just when the color mix requires black it despences too much, causing everything to come out a shade of gray.  I will try and get a new black cartridge and see if that helps.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
    Co mom 3........
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=6617

For some reason my canon printer will not print color text from a Word document.
      Are we to assume that it will print ok, with the proper colour if you print say........ a photo.

When did this issue appear ?
    How old is your printer, a quick check indicates that it's been discontinued ?
    Is it connected to a win XP machine ?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:06:31 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »
    What about in Word choose File/Print and double check the settings. There is a way to turn color on and off.