Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No display on monitor, help?  (Read 1716 times)

Defcontehwisehobo

No display on monitor, help?
« on: December 07, 2006, 10:28:12 PM »
Type of PC: HP
RAM: 128 MB DRAM
CPU: Pentium III
PC type: Server

I currently purchased a very cheap HP Kayak XW (server). I have no idea what it is running, all necessary parts are in place and properly working, except for the BIOS I am guessing. I will boot the computer, and nothing comes up on the monitor. It gave me two post code errors and I tried to research them, but found barely anything of use. The two post codes were 2A, and 25. I also am unsure on the motherboard manufacturer, I looked on the mobo, found a name, researched that and got absolutely nothing.

Unsure what to do to troubleshoot the problem. My guess is to check the video card and other cables with another PC, but I don't have access to another PC with the same pins for the video card.

There is a LCD screen on the front of the chassis that is displaying the errors*(UPDATE)
sorry about that..

Please direct me in the right direction if you can find a spare moment.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 06:15:06 AM by Defcontehwisehobo »

GX1_Man

Re: No display on monitor, help?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:12:27 AM »
Type of PC: HP
RAM: 128 MB DRAM
CPU: Pentium III
PC type: Server

I currently purchased a very cheap HP Kayak XW (server). I have no idea what it is running, all necessary parts are in place and properly working, except for the BIOS I am guessing. I will boot the computer, and [highlight]nothing comes up on the monitor. It gave me two post code errors [/highlight]and I tried to research them, but found barely anything of use. The two post codes were 2A, and 25. I also am unsure on the motherboard manufacturer, I looked on the mobo, found a name, researched that and got absolutely nothing.

Unsure what to do to troubleshoot the problem. My guess is to check the video card and other cables with another PC, but I don't have access to another PC with the same pins for the video card.

Please direct me in the right direction if you can find a spare moment.

These are two conflicting stories. If in fact you can see something you should post the entire messages onscreen.

It goes without saying that this may never work, hence the low price.

Start here:

h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpv07804/lpv07804.pdf