Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can't Access/decrypt a folder - Pls Help  (Read 2167 times)

corolla315

Topic Starter

Rookie
    I can't Access/decrypt a folder - Pls Help
    « on: November 20, 2006, 07:42:04 AM »
    Hello guys,

After trying Okoker Encypt Folder Ver 1.2, I can't access/decrypt a folder in My Documents which I encrypted earlier with Okoker Encrypt Folder software Ver1.2. What happened is that after I installed normally the software, I encrypted a particular folder in My Documents to try out this software "speciality" but unfortunately, when I tried to decrypt the same folder, the program crashed. When I saw this I panicked and uninstalled immediately the program deleting also any remaining files in the folder.

When I installed the program again and tried to decrypt the same problematic folder, the program is popping out 4 messages saying access violation, referring to certain addresses and locations in the memory. As a result I'm stuck and don't know what to do at this point. I even tried to do a system restore to a time before I installed the Okoker Encrypt folder software and also booted into safe mode but couldn't remove the encyption in anyway.

Would someone please tell me what can I do at this stage to solve my problem?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Corolla

GX1_Man

Re: I can't Access/decrypt a folder - Pls Help
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:37:20 AM »
    Another user who was so concerned about security that they themselves cannot get into their documents! I guess that program works well for keeping eyes out.

Your only hope is to contact the maker of the program.

corolla315

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 09:24:32 AM »
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I'm awaiting a reply from the maker as well.

But I keep asking myself this question: is there another software maybe which removes completely the encryption (irrelevant with what program this encryption has been originally conducted) when applied to this particular folder, considering also I'm the administrator of my PC?

regards,

corolla

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:12:20 PM »
      Encryption is unique to each program. You really wouldn't wasnt a program if someone else could readily access your stuff, would you?

corolla315

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 12:47:17 AM »
        Ok I wait maybe I get a reply from the maker. I'll let you know in case they find a solution to my problem.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Regards,

Corolla

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
          « Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:03:59 AM »
          try to do it in safe mode

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 12:59:12 PM »
          I'm afraid it doesn't apply in this situation.

The files were being changed when the crash happened so who knows what changes were made.

Safe Mode has nothing to do with what was going on i'm afraid the only recourse at this point is with the software manuf. as GX1_Man stated...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "