Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer crashing problem  (Read 1989 times)

Subrosian

Computer crashing problem
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:23:16 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm having issues with my computer, it starts up fine, but it'll rest/die every 30 minutes. THe computer does not shut off, as the power supply keeps on going and the fan does not turn off, the comptuer just suddenly dies and then reboots. This happened after i brought to a computer shop to install a 512mb ram into my computer. Right after that, the computer would not start up, so i had them change the ram, and now, the computer keeps dying, and the computer only boots up when i have 512mb of ram installed, not 1gb as i wanted. I tried interchanging the rams, and it works with both rams, one at a time, but not both at the  same time. The computer now just keeps dying. if you can help that'd be great! someone said it was because of a broken motherboard, but i wanted to see if it could be something else. THANK YOU :)

here's my specs of the computer
Emachines t6000
MSI 6741 (version 1) motherboard
512mb ram
400 watt power supply
128mb Sapphire Radeon 9600
Windows xp home sp2
AMD 64 3200+
thank you again

jeremy

homer

Expert
    Re: Computer crashing problem
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:23:50 PM »
    i believe i would have stolen GX1_Man's thunder by doing this but check out http://www.crucial.com/ to see if your RAM is compatible with your mobo.

also, take out the CMOS battery for about five minutes then put it back in (while comp is off). that should fix the rebooting problem. as i stated earlier, before adding the other stick of RAM find out if it is compatible.

Subrosian

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:42 AM »
    i just tried that and it doesn't work. i know both sticks of ram are compatible, but the computer will not turn on when both rams are inserted. The computer still dies every 30 minutes... even after i removed the battery for 5 minutes and reseted the bios :(

thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 03:49:04 AM »
    If the computer shop did all of the work then they should stand behind it. If both RAM work by themselves, but not together that sounds like the definition of incompatibility. Take it back to the shop.

Tinygnome

Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 07:43:09 AM »
      there is no emachine desktop model nummber T6000

But i did find all of the EMT6212-EMT6536

Not one of these machines has a maxiam ram under 2 gigs

meaning that it is not your mobo becasue some mobos can only handle so much ram

Every computer under or near your model nummber was 2-4 gigs, i would still reccomend talking to the store again and seeing what they think

BBY store 0004