Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ghost a 64-bit OS System????  (Read 2633 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Ghost a 64-bit OS System????
« on: December 17, 2006, 07:49:02 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions for creating a Ghost Image or any System Recovery Image for a 64-bit OS? Tried installing Norton Ghost 2003, but its 32-bit software and wont install on the Windows 64-bit OS. I want to create an Image of the system to DVD-R's to have as a backup instead of having to go through a full rebuild at some point in the future...

I do have a Hard Drive duplication station for cloning drives, but I'd hate to have to buy an additional 250GB drive and clone the 250GB drive and save it in storage until needed, and then clone the primary drive that gets hosed eventually off of the 2nd drive that was cloned initially with the harddrive cloning workstation through Digital Loggers Inc ( http://www.digital-loggers.com/128u.html ) that we own.

BTW: This drive duplication workstation is great for rolling out "like" systems. We use it for our POS Cash Register Upgrades, that also have 3 partitions on the drive in which Ghost wont work with it to create the virtual swap partition for cloning. We are able to upgrade 1 POS system, clone the single drive to the other drives and have the upgrade completed quickly on multiple lanes saving lots of time!!!

Any suggestons??? I'd really like to burn the image to DVD-R's or even to an external HD in which the image can be burned to DVD-R's if the imaging software does not support DVD-R burning.

Thanks,

Dave :-/

GX1_Man

Re: Ghost a 64-bit OS System????
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »
I always recommend Acronis True Image without hesitation. Give them a call and see if their product would fit your needs totally. They are very nice:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

You can also use a free trial download.  ;)