Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A bundle of issues  (Read 2035 times)

C.Gypsy

A bundle of issues
« on: December 18, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »
I was recently gifted with an HP due to issues with my old compaq.  When I received the new comp i felt comfortable tearing the old system apart and determined it was nothing more then a bad vid card.

So with the new system I immediately set a new user account with admin abilites and a second account for my wife with limited.  I also decided to install my old hard drive knowing the only thing wrong on the old sys was the vid card.  

Now the hard drive went in with minimal problems but I can't access anything in the old owner folder.  So I thought I might be able to do something from the actual admin account.  Well the admin account is no longer accessible.  It's not even listed, just gone.  I even tried a sys restore after removing the old hard drive.  Sys won't let me perform the restore.  So the questions are.  How do I get that admin account back, is that related to the restore problems, and once that's fixed how do I access the owner folder on the old hard drive once that's back in.

Thanks in advance

GX1_Man

Re: A bundle of issues
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:19:09 PM »
If you added the old hard drive as a slave to the existing one in the HP just have a read here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421