Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unistaller error  (Read 1940 times)

sstanley

unistaller error
« on: December 21, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »
When uninstalling, I get an unistaller error message:

"You do not have sufficient access to remove AOL Coach Version `.0(Build:20020823.1) from the Add or Remove Programs list.

Please contact your system administrator."

I recently reformatted the hard drive on the computer and am trying to rebuild it.  I hadn't done good maintenance on the 3.5 year old computer, so it was having lots of troubles, and I did have authority authorization issues before reformating also.

I am having other error messages that have forced my computer to shut down or restart too, but I'm waiting for them to come up to post them here for help.

The OS is Windows xp service pack 2 (build 2600) (I don't know what the build 2600 is about, but it's listed on my computer profile summary?)

Thanks for taking time to help!
stephan
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:04:20 PM by sstanley »

GX1_Man

Re: unistaller error
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Are you the Administrator for this machine? Is AOL currently installed? If not using it, how did this get loaded?

What version of Windows and service pack? Is it a legal install?

What are "authority authorization issues"?

If you have hardware issues then Windows is irrelevant. Let's get ALL of the issues out in the open now.

See below.

sstanley

Re: unistaller error
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 08:14:30 PM »
AOL was installed from the "Applications" cd that came with the computer and is asked for during the OS reinstillation process.  

And, I purchased the hardware/software from gateway.