Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PHP - free website help!  (Read 5153 times)

touchstone57

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    PHP - free website help!
    « on: January 12, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
    Heres my problem.

Im trying to create a website for my cod2 gaming clan, I want to use php. But im having problems in getting it sorted.

I want a profeshional finish I just cant seem to get making the site myself. Im going to be using free webspace and domain because its a relitively small clan. Im having trouble finding a free webspace for my needs.

In the instructions for php installation (im using subdreamer v2.2.3 by the way). Because it says it need to upload all of the files to the server. On all the webspaces I have found it only allows me to upload "files" at a time, and theres no option to upload "entire folders" at a time. This part is difficult because there are several folders, sub folders and more folders each containing numerous folders and files.

The only other why I can think of doing this is using an FTP client, but as yet I have found no free websites that give information on how to connect via ftp and im not sure if there are any ftp clients that allow entire folder uploads.

So im asking, can you tell me wheres theres a good free website (no adds please) that can suit my needs and an ftp client.

http://www.subdreamer.com/manuals/index.php

For more information on the PHP installation

Id appreciate your help! thanks  
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 01:58:36 PM by touchstone57 »

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: PHP - free website help!
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 03:23:06 PM »
    Heres my problem.

Im trying to create a website for my cod2 gaming clan, I want to use php. But im having problems in getting it sorted.

I want a profeshional finish I just cant seem to get making the site myself. Im going to be using free webspace and [highlight]domain[/highlight] because its a relitively small clan. Im having trouble finding a free webspace for my needs.

In the instructions for php installation (im using subdreamer v2.2.3 by the way). Because it says it need to upload all of the files to the server. On all the webspaces I have found it only allows me to upload "files" at a time, and theres no option to upload "entire folders" at a time. This part is difficult because there are several folders, sub folders and more folders each containing numerous folders and files.

The only other why I can think of doing this is using an FTP client, but as yet I have found no free websites that give information on how to connect via ftp and im not sure if there are any ftp clients that allow entire folder uploads.

So im asking, can you tell me wheres theres a good free website (no adds please) that can suit my needs and an ftp client.

http://www.subdreamer.com/manuals/index.php

For more information on the PHP installation

Id appreciate your help! thanks  

You can host at 110mb or you can do as I do and host off of your own computer by using apache or Xerver or some other type of server, and go to dyndns.com and get a free dynamic or static domain. By the way, I believe there are no places where you can get a free domain name.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:25:06 PM by fffreak »
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PHP - free website help!
    « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »
    Once you've obtained your FTP details from your web host, you can use FileZilla, a free FTP client to do the transfers.  FileZilla is very good and can handle folder uploads, including recursive subfolder uploads.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos