Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do you backup a HD and what does that mean?  (Read 3538 times)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    How do you backup a HD and what does that mean?
    « on: January 29, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »
    I understand it is a way of keeping record of the files and status of your PC.  I don't know anything else, like how to go about it.  Where is the backup stored, what steps to perform the task and how often are just a few of my initial questions I have trying to understand the process.  

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How do you backup a HD and what does that mean
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:43:37 PM »
    Well there are numerous ways in doing so. You can copy all of your important files onto a flash drive(depending on size of memory taken on harddrive), you can burn them to a dvd, you can get an external harddrive, or you can simply get another internal harddrive and back them up on it. I would recommend an external harddrive only because of the storage that most of them support now and how fast the process can be done. Here is a place to get you started since USB external harddrives would probably be the easiest and fastest way...
    « Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:45:03 PM by fffreak »
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

GX1_Man

Re: How do you backup a HD and what does that mean
    « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:26:28 PM »
    First we much teach you how to Google. Click on this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+backup+hard+drive