Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing a video card  (Read 2185 times)

starcraft2007

Installing a video card
« on: January 30, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »
Ok i wanted to know how to disable your old video card so that my new video card can be used. (I think my old vid card is built into my motherboard)

starcraft2007

Re: Installing a video card
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:03:01 PM »
or do i even have to disable my old card? Can i just put the new one in and will it work?

sneakers

Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:44:06 PM »
    Disable the old card by pulling it out of the machine. Put the new one in and install the drivers
    Case: Logisys Clear Acrylic - CPU: AMD Athlon FX-62 With HyperTransport Technology - RAM: 2GB  - Power Supply: 650 Watt SLI ready - Motherboard: Asus SLI Deluxe  - Graphics Cards: Geforce 7900 GT  - HDD: 2 - 36 GB Raptors     160

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »
    Disable the old card by pulling it out of the machine. Put the new one in and install the drivers

Read here...

Ok i wanted to know how to disable your old video card so that my new video card can be used. [highlight](I think my old vid card is built into my motherboard)[/highlight]

It will work. Depending on your motherboard, there might be an option for you to disable it in your bios. Also you can disable it in your device manager.

8-)fffreak
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:51:42 PM by fffreak »
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

starcraft2007

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:02:01 PM »
    I am kinda of new to computers and i believe the graphic card is built into the motherboard. :o

Pharmakon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
    If you hit the delete button right at startup, you'll enter the BIOS menu. In one of the choices, you will find "onboard video" with choices to enable or disable.  select disable, save and exit, then reboot, making sure your monitor is hooked up to the new card.