Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win Me won't boot past safe mode screen-How to fix  (Read 2407 times)

koach630

Win Me won't boot past safe mode screen-How to fix
« on: February 02, 2007, 05:51:03 PM »
On booting my win Me it gets to the safe mode screen, which is frozen on choice #3 safe mode, ; if I hit F5 or shift and F8, only choices possible, it just goes to a flashing cursor(-) and never boots. Happened after I was downloading a driver from an oem card reader at Idotconnect. Is it a virus and is it fixable without a full restore? I can't download fixes to that computer cause it won't even boot. Thanks for any help. ......... Thanks to street1: I discovered the problem; the reason it would not boot past the safe mode screen was that my keyboard was not plugged in all the way so it never received the reply to boot in safe mode; when  plugged in, it booted fine; sorry for taking your time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:24:06 PM by koach630 »

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Win Me won't boot past safe mode screen-How to
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 05:05:37 AM »
A Nondestructive reinstall may help. :-?

The below is a read me.Read it then proceed.Good Luck! ;)

Go to the 4th link---> Smart Computing Article-Reinstall Windows ME

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=nondestructive+windows+m.e+reinstall+with+boot+disk&spell=1
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 05:21:50 AM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

dell_guy

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:49:56 PM »
u can also try a repair on the sys from the os disk

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
So the problem is fixed?

Note: When you edit your original post no one can really understand what is going on or why.