Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC reboots while playing MS Flight Sim 2004  (Read 3995 times)

Geo71

PC reboots while playing MS Flight Sim 2004
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »
Hello all,

I have a problem. I have not played my 2004 MS flight sim in awhile, so the other day I decided to play and the game starts off fine but as soon as I pull the yoke back and the plane leaves the ground the computer would reboot. I set the option to display the error code instead of rebooting and I receive the following message BAD_HEADER_POOL I went into MS CONFIG and unchecked MAPPING INDEXING and then got the error message BAD_HEADER_CALL So I switch back on the mapping index and from what I gather I have a bad or conflicting device driver. I know since the last time I actually played flight sim I have installed the following: DIAMOND PCI 7.1 EXTREEM SOUND CARD/ MEMOREX DUAL LAYER DVD BURNER that also came with NERO burning software BTW Nero always has an error when burning DVD's but that’s all I have changed with the computer and before that flight sim worked great. I tried to update all current drivers for the above mention items and all are updated or I already have the most current version. So at this point I'm at a loss as what to do now. Any help or ideas?

In my EVENT VIEWER under APPLICATION I see a few things that maybe related to the crash. I get APPLICATION ERROR and APPLICATION HANG and Under SYSTEM I get ERROR DCOM Event-10005

Here is the complete error message I receive on the blue screen:

BAD_HEADER_POOL

STOP:   0X00000019 (0X00000020, 0X85A19710, 0X85A19848, 0X0A227001)

BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY

PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE

System:
Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon xp 2500+
1.83 Ghz 1Gig RAM
Nivida Elsa Galadic 6800 vid card
Soyo K7V Dragon MOB
200 GB HD
PS 550W

Thanks
Geo

GX1_Man

Re: PC reboots while playing MS Flight Sim 2004
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »
Nero always has an error when burning DVD's

What is the exact error message?

I would start with a free RAM test from www.memtest86.com and a free hard drive diagnostics from the appropriate drive maker's site.

Some details about the machine and the operating system, etc. could be helpful as well.

pt316

Re: PC reboots while playing MS Flight Sim 2004
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »
If it is RAM, I have had some success with this test (cheesy to some I know but its worked in some situations):

1) Remember the place in the sim where it crashes - same place every time?
2) Do a soft reboot, play again, crash in the same place?
3) Now do a complete hard boot (unlpug PC power for about 30sec), boot back up and play again, does it now crash in a different area?

If so:  likely RAM, try reseating or possibly using a different RAM slot (or remove 1 RAM stick at a time), use test software

Hope that helps out
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:32:16 PM by pt316 »