Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problems running games in dos (windows xp)  (Read 2384 times)

davidsisson

problems running games in dos (windows xp)
« on: February 15, 2007, 12:43:41 AM »
I downloaded an MSdos game pack, ran it through set up mode, and now it is just sitting there.  When I double click it, the dos window pops up for about half a second, then goes away, and nothing else happens.  I know that it has no viruses.  Did I download a dude, or am I doing something wrong.  I don't know a whole lot about dos.  Would appreciate any help you could give me.  Thanks
Olancaa

GX1_Man

Re: problems running games in dos (windows xp)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 04:08:27 AM »
I downloaded an MSdos game pack, ran it through set up mode, and now it is just sitting there.  When I double click it, the dos window pops up for about half a second, then goes away, and nothing else happens.  I know that it has no viruses.  [highlight]Did I download a dude[/highlight], or am I doing something wrong.  I don't know a whole lot about dos.  

I don't know if you downloaded a dude or not, but we do not know what game is involved, what operating system you are using or anything about the hardware involved. See below.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:58:11 AM »
    I think he meant "dud". ;)
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

davidsisson

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
    age of empires, call of duty, civilization, quake, pro-evolution soccer are the games in the pack.  Yes I did mean "dud"
    the hardware involved I will try and answer by saying that I am running dos in windows xp on an hp pavilion zv6000.  Is that what you needed to know???

GX1_Man