Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: window xp doesn't support new chipset  (Read 2555 times)

lynnlynn

window xp doesn't support new chipset
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
hi... i have recently changed new motherboad with VIA chipset and my Previous one was with Intel chipset.my pc can't boot with new motherboard. So i tried to reinstall window xp, but my harddrive has 4 Partitions. when i  boot with windows cd  it just showing only c drive. Mean if i install new window i 'll lost all my 4 Partition data. Any help will really greatful.

Thanks

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: window xp doesn't support new chipset
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »
More info on the hardware involved...i find it hard to believe XP does not support a VIA chipset here...it sounds more like you have buggered the hard drive somehow.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lynnlynn

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »
my pc have intel p4 2.8 ghz,80gb harddrive,512 Ram, when i boot it load into safemode then it restart. when i treid to in stall new window it showing partition c: 76123mb and if i delete my partition i 'll lost whole harddrive which have C,D,E,F.

Thanks. and please save me  

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:25:47 PM »
Rest assured. Dr. Patio is on the case.  ;)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 01:31:14 PM »
If it is showing 76,123MG. on an 80 G HDD you have probably successfully removed/erased your 4 existing partitions...
Best bet would be to hook up that HDD as a slave in another machine and attempt using a good data recovery program on it.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

peav007

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »
ok if your old machine has an intel chipset and the newer motherboard has a via chipset. have you formatted and repartitioned the drive to reload windows xp.it sounds to me as if you have old driver for the intel on hard drive this is stopping the computer booting up. you may need a FRESH INSTALL.

john :P