Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mailto Form "Browser Alerts Malicious"  (Read 4136 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Mailto Form "Browser Alerts Malicious"
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:42:36 AM »
Anyone know how to create a mailto Form that wont blat to the user that this is a potentially malicious operation? I want to have the ability for people to e-mail data to me from a form in my web page and I cant find a work around... Do I need to use something other than a form to avoid this IE Blat???

Also if the user does not have a local mail client installed and configured like Outlook Express, the Mailto Form is worthless ... Any suggestions on a better method for processing and sending data to me in a form like manner???

Thanks   ???

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Mailto Form "Browser Alerts Malicious"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
Well, if your were using some sort of server side scripting you wouldn't have to worry about the alert, keep in mind that you need a server with smtp capabilities.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.