Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor shuts off booting finished  (Read 2017 times)

Devin

Monitor shuts off booting finished
« on: April 14, 2007, 08:06:03 AM »
My girlfriend is running a Toshiba Laptop. The screen keeps shutting off, sometimes it loads windows, and sometimes it shuts off during the boot menu. Starting in safe mode and BIOS doesn't make a difference, the monitor still shuts off, but the computer keeps running.

I think there may be a weird setting that is shutting the screen off after a minute, but because it shuts down, I can't get in to the control panel to change it. On the other hand, even when I don't boot windows it still shuts down, so who knows.

Any ideas how to fix this and if it may be something as simple as a monitor power setting?

GX1_Man

Re: Monitor shuts off booting finished
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 08:15:21 AM »
What happened prior to this, how old, what model, and if it is still under warranty would be important information to have.

Devin

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:50:58 AM »
It isn't very old, was bought in August of 2005. It is still under warranty... a 3 year warranty was bought with it. Not exactly sure of the make?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »
Have the people you bought it from take a look at it, unless you turned on some power saving option in the BIOS this shouldn't happen.

Did you mess around with the function and F1-through f12 keys?