Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Problems!!  (Read 1727 times)

seedless

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Hard Drive Problems!!
    « on: May 04, 2007, 04:26:09 AM »
    Hey guys I got some hardware problems I need help with, I just formatted my hard drive it's a 80 gig western digital hard drive with two partitions one for the os and one for storage, I also have two hard drives I use for storage both 200 gig maxter hard drives one of them IDE and one Sata. After i formatted my 80 gig western and reinstalled the os, I noticed my sata drive didn't want to show up neither did my IDE drive, I can only see the drive letter for my IDE hard drive when I click on it only gives me the option to format it how can I get it to show all my files and also why is my sata drive not showing up, I already checked the manage and none of the drives show up any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have windows XP pro

1. 80 gig western digital hard drive for os

and 2 maxtor 200 gig one ide one sata drives.

seedless

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: Hard Drive Problems!!
      « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:33 AM »
      Ok so i figured out why my sata drive was not showing up, I didn't have the raid drivers installed, so i now i just need to find out why my IDE 200gig drive isn't working it shows up as not formatted so i don't want to format it and lose all my stuff so what should i do guys?

GX1_Man

Re: Hard Drive Problems!!
      « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:43 PM »
      And if you you go to My COmputer, right click on the problem drive and choose properties, what does it say EXACTLY?